Win a VIP JDate
Enter today to win a VIP JDate where you get to meet Bravo personality Andy Cohen.
Two lucky JDaters® will be set up on a date where they'll get to meet Bravo Host Andy Cohen and then "watch what happens" in the chemistry department!
If chosen to win, not only will JDate match you with a cute Jewish single, but you'll also get to meet Bravo personality Andy Cohen (best known as the host of Bravo's Watch What Happens: Live) in person!
You'll get to watch Cohen in action as he is interviewed by America's top domestic diva: Martha Stewart. Plus, you and your JDate match will be treated like true VIPs, receiving major perks, including:
- A meet & greet with Cohen himself
- A free JDate signature cocktail
- Exclusive priority seating
- The ability to bypass all lines
- And so much more!
Enter now by emailing your first and last name, along with your JDate username, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2013.
Entertaining Martha Stewart
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The man behind The Real Housewives and
Top Chef gets up close and personal with
America's top domestic diva: Martha Stewart.
JDate CONTEST for VIP Tickets
To Entertaining Martha Stewart: Andy Cohen
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The JDate Contest for VIP Tickets To Entertaining Martha Stewart: Andy Cohen (“Contest”) is designed to give Entrants (“Entrants”) the opportunity to win a special date (“VIP Date”) with another JDate member based on the compatibility of both members’ JDate profiles. The VIP Date will be awarded to the Entrants whose profiles are the most compatible as determined by the judges in accordance with these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Sponsor is the owner of the website located at www.JDate.com ("Site”)
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of New Jersey, New York and Connecticut who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Void where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Sponsor and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies; and (b) members of the immediate family of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a). Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest begins on May 13, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on May 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Contest Period”). To enter, email your first name, last name and valid JDate username to email@example.com (“Submission”). Submissions must be submitted during the Contest Period. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for the Contest. Submissions using macro, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor or its designated representatives reserve the right to disqualify any Submission that does not conform to these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not notify Entrant whether the Submission has been disqualified. Limit one Submission per person per email address during the Contest Period. By entering the Contest, Entrants understand that all Submissions may be used by Sponsor and its designees as set forth herein.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must include JDate username, full legal name (only first names will be used publicly). Information from the Entrant’s JDate profile (as described in the judging criteria below) will also be considered part of the Submission. Each Submission must also comply with the following: (a) The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service. (b) The Submission must be your own original work, created solely by you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. (c) If any persons appear or are referred to in the Submission, you are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Submission by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Submission is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. (d) Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be disqualified at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion. (e) The Submission must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof. (f) You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Submission who are: 1) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display your Submission in any media form; 2) subject to an acting or modeling contract that would make your/their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third-party rights; or 3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the Submissions worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment or fee obligations. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that it may sustain from any breach of a representation or warranty made by the Entrant or the use of any rights granted by the Entrant to Sponsor hereunder.
5. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by Sponsor, based on the following compatibility criteria:
- • The similarities between Entrants’ “Ideal Match” section of their profile-comparing what each entrant is looking for in a match based on:
- o Age range, Marital Status, Education, Wants/Has Kids, Religion, etc.
- • Entrants’ responses to questions in the “In My Own Words” section of their profile
- o Similar answers will support a greater likelihood of compatibility.
Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail. If Sponsor cannot locate a potential winner within 7 days of attempted notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be two tickets awarded (“Prize”), to two individual Entrants, to go on the joint VIP Date. Each prize consists of the following:
- • One VIP ticket (“Ticket”) for a premium reserved seat to attend the Entertaining Martha Stewart: Andy Cohen lecture at 92nd Street Y in New York City. This Ticket will be part of the VIP Date package with another JDate member set up by JDate.com. Winners will receive an exclusive meet and greet and photo opportunity with Andy Cohen. Approximate retail value of Ticket is $30.
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. ALL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Specifics of prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of a prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be transferred by winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner. If a prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Sponsor does not conduct background checks or otherwise screen the Entrants and shall not be held responsible for any actions or inactions of any participant in this Contest. Sponsor does not guarantee compatibility of Entrants and makes no representations or warranties regarding the outcome of the VIP Date.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: All Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions and JDate profiles at the Site for purposes of this Contest. Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions and JDate profiles at the Site and on third party sites for advertising and promotional purposes. Winners hereby grant Sponsor a royalty free license, without geographic or time limitation, to display his or her Submission and JDate profile for promotional or advertising relating purposes in any and all media. Winners agree to sign any documents that may be necessary to affect the assignment of the licensing rights.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION (a) Releases and Affidavits As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners must complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) calendar days of the date stated on the prize notice. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. (b) Release By participating in this Contest all Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize. (c) Publicity Except where prohibited, Entrants hereby grant Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information in connection and not in connection with their Submission for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes. (d) Errors/Internet Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may reject any Submission, if in Sponsor's sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
10. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in the County of Los Angeles, California.
11. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: A copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a written request to: Spark Networks USA, LLC 8383 Wilshire Blvd, suite 800 Beverly Hills, CA 90211 All requests must be postmarked between June 4, 2013 and June 18, 2013 and received by June 21, 2013.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Spark Networks USA, LLC, 8383 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 800, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 in partnership with 92Y, 1395 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10128
14. DISCLAIMER: Andy Cohen, Martha Stewart, and Bravo Media LLC do not endorse or sponsor this promotion or any other products and services offered by JDate.